Effective 1 January 2016, faculty outside work for pay, or consulting activities, are governed by the policy listed in the Academic Affairs Policy Manual, as stated on the web pages of the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.


Application Process:

Please obtain the indicated PDF form then fill it out.  It must be approved by:

» Your Department Head or Director

» Sponsored Programs Administration (if there are any intellectual

   property related issues)

» Associate Dean in Franklin College in Charge of Consulting

   (currently Michelle Momany)

The consulting form should be filled out at least once each year for each proposed outside work arrangement.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Are lecturers and academic professionals part of this?

A: Yes, all faculty ranks are covered.

Q: Would tutoring for money be part of this?

A: 500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Q: Is being the editor of a journal for an honorarium included?

A: No

Q: Is tutoring by graduate students included?

A: No, this process is for faculty-ranked individuals.  Graduate students may check with the graduate school if they are concerned about such activities.